Your swing and ball-striking success or failure depends on how well you execute ALL six components listed below, they are:
Setup, Grip, Swing-Plane & Hand & Arm Movements, Leg & Hip Movements, Tempo, Pre-Shot Bubble
Hit straighter, more consistent shots by mastering the six components of the Simple Swing:
Want a better golf swing? You can’t create a better swing without a perfect setup
We all want to make an on-plane golf swing, you don’t want to swing overly upright or flat. You want to make the correct takeaway and wrist-cock so you can swing back and down squarely into the ball.
FACT: If you want to swing your arms on the correct backswing and downswing plane with the correct wrist-cock and release and angle of attack, you need to be in the correct setup position. The setup position/spine-angle influences how you swing your arms and hands. They both need to be correct. See below.
Common bad shot from too much spine-angle: fat shots and restricted body turn
Common bad shot from not enough spine-angle: thin shots and, an overly flat plane and inside path may result
In the Setup module you’ll learn:
- How you setup affects your swing-plane
- How far from the ball you should be
- How your body-turn changes as a result of how you setup
- The correct shaft position at address. This is vital know if you want to create an excellent takeaway and use the hands correctly – which leads to a solid on-plane backswing
- How to create the correct setup so you will be perfectly balanced
- How wide your feet should be for different clubs
- Correct ball position for different clubs
2. Master the correct Hand and Arm movements for the Correct Plane and Backswing
The lifeblood of the golf swing is the arms and hands. The hands connect to the club – they affect the opening and closing of the club-face and the swing plane. The wrists are also vital for creating the correct wrist-cock which helps you hit the ball cleanly – not fat or thin.
Once setup correctly – which also includes the correct grip and arm-pressure, grooving the correct hand and arm movements will have you swing on a near perfect plane. Golf becomes a lot easier when you swing on the correct backswing and downswing planes which match your shaft-plane at address.
In this Hands, Arms and Plane module you’ll learn:
- How to groove the correct hand and arm movements
- How to find the correct arm width, length of swing and the importance of having relaxed arms
- The practice drill/guide that helps your groove the perfect hand and arm movements (use anytime when you are on or off the course)
- What the correct movements should actually feel like (I demonstrate and name them for you
- How to go from training/grooving-mode to trusting/scoring-mode
- I detail how I used an arms, hands and turn-drill before hitting shots on route to a 16 greens-in-regulation, bogey-free 6-under par 66. (A classic example of how to use subconscious grooving of a skill in a round before switching to trusting-mode when hitting.)
3. Correct feet, leg and hip movements at the right time
An overactive early turn of the hips ruins your plane and the coordination between the upper and lower body and the swinging of the club, this robs you of power and accuracy.
4. The correct grip for a square club-face
Seasoned golfers should have good grips, mastering the grip is not hard.
The grip affects whether the club is open or closed in the swing and at impact. An incorrect grip can lead to shots that go to the left or right, and can also force the player to compensate with an extreme release of the body to square up or halt the closing of the club-face at impact.
It’s easier to play golf when your grip is correct versus, making compensations with your body during the swing. I run through the basics of the grip in this training series.
5. Tempo and The Metronomic Golf Swing
Throw out unnecessary swing-wrecking, hand, leg and arm movements; make a smooth magic-move from backswing to downswing.
Tempo is the blood that fuels your swing. The correct sequence of movements x energy = maximum distance and accuracy.
In the Tempo and Metronomic Swing module you’ll learn:
- Use better tempo to improve your technique and ball-striking
- Stop swinging over-the-top or coming too much from the inside on the downswing
- Mental Anchors you can use to make a simpler, pro-like swing without the common, unnecessary, complicating movements made by the majority of club-golfers
- How to use this concept as a controlling swing-anchor when you absolutely, positively, have to drive up the middle of fairways late on the back nine when you are trying to record a low score while the pressure is mounting. (An invaluable and rewarding skill to have for low scoring.)
Metronomic Swing Video
6. The Pre-shot Bubble includes getting into the correct focused yet relaxed mindset before you hit every shot when playing a round of golf. This includes knowing how to switch successfully from training and rational planning-mode, to the ideal scoring and trusting mode – which is driven by your vision, swing feelings, muscle memory, and intuition.
- How to get into the relaxed-focused state before each shot
- What you should be thinking about
- How to switch from training and rational planning-mode, to the ideal “trusting-mode” which is driven by your vision, swing feelings, muscle memory and intuition – and this is the mode you must play in to score low.
Improve your ball-striking and swing with the Simple Swing Training Program
Summary of Training
- Week 1-A: Setup perfectly so you can swing well (and, improve your grip if it needs attention). Week 1-B: Master the grip if you have not already done so.
- Week 2: Master your takeaway, swing-plane, top-of-swing position, and when and how to use your hips, legs and turn
- Week 3: Own a better transition from backswing to downswing
- Week 4. Pre-shot Bubble: Learn how to switch from training, rational-brain mode, to low scoring trusting-mode
There are many practice-themed videos in this training. Information and practice is useless and even damaging if you are not able to train new movements effectively – make them habitual, then use your new improved action in “trusting-mode” on the course – the mode that all excellent, low scoring golf is played in. All covered in the training.
Link the correct arm and hand movements with turning and unwinding at the right time, governed by a pressure resistant metronomic swing, and you have a recipe for excellent ball-striking and low scoring
Get instant access to all videos and receive weekly lessons including a concise PDF document (pictured below) on each or two of the six components
Free Bonus: When you enroll in The Simple Swing Training, You receive FREE, another new training: On-Course Scoring Tips, valued at $49
On-Course Scoring Tips is a series of lessons over one month (videos and text) covering aspects of the game that will help improve your scoring skills on the golf course.
Here are just some of the video and text lessons covered:
- Chipping – I explain the mindset and intent needed for consistent lofted and running chips under competition conditions
- Driving – how to aim so the tee doesn’t align you off the fairway, swing keys to use, and I demonstrate and explain the whole process
- Escaping from the trees safely! Many club-golfers turn a miss-fairway into 2, 3, or 4 drop-shots! I explain and demonstrate the two approaches you can take and the points you need to think about before attempting an escape-shot (these lessons can save you dozens of shots over a year)
- Master 60-90 yard pitch-shots. I explain the process for hitting solid, low, mid and high pitches when you have less than a full club
- The mid-iron shot process to follow that will leave your good shots close to the pin and your average shots in close-to-green chipping distance
- A simple video-lesson on the essentials of holing a 5-foot putt
Weekly lessons – for free!
- Four weeks of training videos and written points sent out to you once/week for one month (once/week means you are not getting bombarded with information).
- Each week, 3 videos are featured and released into your account; you are notified of the lesson via email.
Its like a mini-membership site but, at no cost, its a free bonus when your enroll in the Simple Swing Training-Course.